Welcome to Romance Language's Spanish Program. Explore the inner workings of the Spanish language, its linguistic structures, rich literary traditions, and many cultures through our diverse course offerings. Follow the links on this page for more about study abroad and internships opportunities, weekly discussion groups, course listings and syllabi, degree and minor requirements, and other language-specific resources from the Department and the University. For special events and opportunities subscribe to our listserv.
Spanish students take unique service learning and experiential courses throughout the major, receiving UGA credit for working in the local Spanish-speaking community while gaining real world experience.
- Undergraduate Minor
- Undergraduate Major (AB) program
- M.A. Linguistics Option
- M.A. Literature Option
- Ph.D. in Romance Languages: Hispanic Linguistics
- Ph.D. in Romance Languages: Hispanic Studies
The Department of Romance Languages has a long tradition of encouraging all students to participate in an academically rigorous study abroad program that includes immersion in the language of the host country. Spanish students have a wealth of opportunities available to study and intern abroad for a semester, a summer, or a Maymester.
- UGA en Buenos Aires
- UGA en España: Cádiz, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia
- UGA Medical Spanish Program: Peru
- More about Romance Languages Study Abroad Programs
SPANISH LANGUAGE CAMPUS RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY
- Spanish Language Community
- Spanish Honor Society
- Spanish Table: Weekly Conversation Group
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies Institute
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Internships and Career Planning